Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ACRL Standard Four
The information literate student, individually or as a member of a group, uses information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose.
- The information literate student applies new and prior information to the planning and creation of a particular product or performance.
- The information literate student revises the development process for the product or performance.
- The information literate student communicates the product or performance effectively to others.
Source: Information literacy competency standards for higher education. (2000).
After completing this SECTION, you will be able to:
- write an assignment (including correct referencing)
- give a presentation with slides or transparencies
- design a poster
- design a brochure
- design a display
- understand e-communication
- apply correct writing styles